During the period of November 16, 2015, to February 15, 2017, the Estonian Advice Center, in cooperation with its partners, will carry out the project "Support services for child victims of violence in Estonia, Finland, Slovenia and Spain." The project's partners are the Victim Support Unit of the Social Insurance Board from Estonia, the Rape Crisis Center Tukinainen from Finland, the Nora Institute from Slovenia, and the Polibienestar Research Institute on Social Welfare Policy at the Valencia University from Spain.
The overall objective of the project is the improvement of the competence and capabilities of the partner countries, to help and support children who have been victims of violence or who have witnessed violence. With the project activities, it is possible to contribute to raising the awareness of the activities targeted to child victims, to educate professionals, to obtain international experience, and to draw up guidelines and outreach materials. the more important project activities are explained in detail below:
- Project management and coordination;
- Project workshops and experience sharing;
- Analysis of the national situation - the child victim support facilities in cooperation with various related parties (which facilities are offered, who are the members of the cooperation network, etc.);
- Analysis of the international situation - the child victim support facilities in cooperation with various related parties (which facilities are offered, who are the members of the cooperation network, etc.);
- Training needs assessment - which are the training needs of the professionals who are in contact with child victims (on which topics and to which target group);
- Training sessions for professionals - for cooperation network development, and enhancing the capability (training in each country, a total of 185 participants - 50 in Estonia, 50 in Slovenia, 60 in Finland, 25 in Spain);
- Joint training for project partners - enhancing cooperation capacity, exchange of best practices;
- Closing conference for 60 to 100 participants;
- Outreach activities - reflections in the subject field;
- Web platform - in which are collected the information and materials on the project (in the languages of the partner countries and in English).